Game Camp Kotka will be held 8th - 10th June 2018 in Rankki Island, Kotka, Finland, where you can test your dev skills at creating games from scratch and biz skills in creating a startup plan. The event is organised by the Game Camps network of Baltic Sea game industry hubs.
We will provide you with travel from abroad, accommodation, food and mentoring at the camp. If you are a game developer based in Estonia, Finland, Latvia or Sweden, all of this will be free of charge.
The challenge is to build a working game prototype within 48 hours and pitch it along with a business idea to a distinguished jury of game industry veterans. The best projects will be awarded awesome prizes by event hosts and partners. The winning team will receive up to 10.000€, 2nd place 6.000€ and 3rd place 4.000€ worth of financial support to start a new game company.
Game Camp is a great opportunity to meet new people within the industry, show off your skills and learn about what it takes to create a game from start to finish.
This event is perfect for:
• University Students, looking to start a career in the Game Development Industry
• Professionals, wanting to start new ventures or join already existing startups
• People who consider transitioning into a Game Development career
• Startups and teams searching for the “best and brightest” to join their projects
• Indie professionals and studios looking to get more exposure in the industry
• People who just want to have fun making games!
Game Camp is also a great opportunity to share ideas, portfolios and game concepts with the industry experts.
For more information about Kotka, visit: https://www.visitkotkahamina.fi/
The registration is open until 30th April! Hurry up and apply!