In March 2019, the Game Camps project team is leading an international business delegation from Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Sweden to Game Developers Conference 2019 in San Francisco (GDC). It is the world's largest professional game industry event. Main aim of the visit is to help the participating companies to find cooperation partners, publishers and investors to set up a sustainable game studio.
Hereby Game Camps is open for applications until December 21st, 2018 from:
- Game Camps alumni teams - international startup game studios established during Game Camps hackathons and bootcamps in 2017 and 2018
- established game studios - startup studios established max 2 years ago (during or after December 2016) in Finland, Sweden, Latvia and/or Estonia, that have recently published or are close to publishing a game and would gain from pitching to publishers and investors at GDC.
In both categories, the Game Camps project team will choose at least 2 companies per country based on the filled one-pager (WORD PDF). The support will be given to one participant per company under “de minimis” rule, i.e. the support will not be given in cash or transferred to the company account. Game Camps partners will procure the needed services (e.g. travel and accommodation etc.) according to the Central Baltic Program procurement regulations. The participants will have the opportunity to pitch at a publisher/investor event and Game Camps partners will cover: event organization costs, travel, accommodation and Expo+ ticket to GDC (with access to GDC Connect Meeting Tool for additional meetings).
- Finland - Teemu Saarelainen from Cursor Oy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estonia - Henri Hanson from Tartu Science Park, email@example.com
- Latvia - Ints Viksna from Latvian Technological Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweden - Madeleine Petersson from Gotland Science Park, email@example.com
For enquiries, contact project lead partner Teemu Saarelainen, Project Manager, Cursor Oy, Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 40 190 2523